miércoles, 1 de octubre de 2014

Scrappy Time

House work?  What house work? 

 I avoided all house work today by being productive in my sewing room.  I had intended to just go straiten a few things, ha! I should have known better.  I am nearly finished with a scrappy quilt top.  I had started it a month (or a few ago) on a Herringbone Quilt using this tutorial by escribircanciones.com.ar.  My quilt has taken on a life of it's own.  Here are a few sneak peeks.



Here is my little helper!  Gathering up my strips as they come out of the machine.  He only yanked my stitches once, not too much of an issue.


My 4 y/o son's helping hands.

It really warmed my heart when I (let go a little) and pulled my 4 y/o son up on my lap.  He wanted to help me sew.  I slowly stitched as he guided the fabric through.
Brought back memories of my childhood, sitting either on my mom's or Nani's lap as they sewed.  I do not remember learning to sew, I learned on their knees.  I cannot tell you how overjoyed I am that all three of my children LOVE to craft and sew.  Each has their own approach but it is a beautiful thing to see.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario